Jobs Database Engine
|Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:43 pm Post subject: Junior Editors
|Contact Name: nysejobs
NYSE Euronext Global Web Organization
Locations: New York, London or Paris
The NYSE Euronext Global Web Organization is seeking Junior Editors to execute editorial content on NYSE Euronext’s web sites. These positions are located in New York and London/Paris.
Junior Editors report to Lead Editors, and collaborate with other web editors and producers to create and publish engaging consumer-oriented content.
A Junior Editor’s primary responsibility is to execute and evolve the look, feel and sensibility of web content and interactive “storytelling devices” to bring web content to life. Junior Editors will also work to ensure the content style, tone and voice are consistent with the standards of the exchange and that all text, images, video and other digital material are proofread for quality assurance.
These positions require a background in financial journalism or similar, web production and management systems, and interactive storytelling.
This role is intended to begin on a full-time temporary basis, with the intention to transition to a permanent role after six months.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Carry out the editorial vision on new NYSE Euronext web sites
• Work with consumer, programming and product leads to improve existing core content of home page
• Suggest regular, recurring editorial features and franchises
• Suggest recruitment options for editorial staffers and freelancers
• Participate in editorial strategy sessions as requested
• Prepare and mount presentation materials
• Create initial editorial schedule for both text and non-text content types
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelors degree required
• Fluency in English and French is required for a junior editor position based in London/Paris
• Prior experience in online business media preferred
• 3+ years experience editing and writing – preferably in web and/or other short form content
• Dynamic and inspiring writer
• At least intermediate level skills in utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong competency in (or desire to learn) all areas of web content management and production
• Strong script writing and news judgment skills
• Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-media environment
• Ability to work well with others including senior management
• Excellent interpersonal verbal/written communication skills
ABOUT NYSE EURONEXT
NYSE Euronext is the world's leading and most liquid equities exchange group. NYSE Euronext powers the exchanging world and is comprised of equities and derivatives exchanges across the United States and Europe which trade cash equities, futures, options, fixed-income and exchange-traded products.
With more than 8,000 listed issues, NYSE Euronext is home to the world's leading companies providing access to the global liquidity they need to collaborate, compete and grow.
NYSE Euronext, Powering the Exchanging World.
Please email your resume to email@example.com. In the body of your email, please indicate which aspects of your professional experience make you most qualified for the job.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Address: www.nyse.com
100 Wall Street,
New York, NY 10005
Phone: None specified
Fax: None specified
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Running on a severely modified phpBB engine © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group