Jobs Database Engine
|Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:49 pm Post subject: Director of Programming
|Contact Name: nysejobs
NYSE Euronext Global Web Organization
Director of Programming
Location: New York
The NYSE Euronext Global Web Organization is seeking a Director of Programming to oversee the creation and development of unique content for NYSE Euronext’s sites. This position reports to the Chief Digital Officer.
The Director of Programming will be charged with leading the group at the heart of the Global Web Organization’s content team. This individual will oversee recruitment of NYSE thought leaders to a “blog” network, impart editorial expertise and tactics, edit posts, encourage community participation and activate tools to do so. The Director of Programming will also set program content goals and strategy, make slotting decisions and arrange a schedule. The Director of Programming will adhere to established metrics and monitor user behavior to assess success, and help program NYSE Euronext’s digital content across the business and consumer sites.
The Director of Programming’s primary responsibility will be on the new unique programming efforts for NYSE Euronext sites, though this person will also become a key part of a new and flexible web organization and have frequent interaction across its functions. The Director of Programming is intended to work closely with a director who oversees NYSE Euronext’s suite of consumer-facing sites, and one who works closely with business executives to present and eventually help build their businesses online.
This role is intended to begin on a full-time temporary basis, with the intention to transition to a permanent role after six months.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee creation and development of NYSE Euronext’s unique digital content
• Recruit, train and guide NYSE Euronext thought leadership to build out a blog network
• Determine social tools to encourage and activate community participation
• Adhere to metrics of success online, monitor user behavior and measure against benchmarks
• Program pages and tabulate network slots
• Determine editorial goals by site and by page
• Slot and schedule program content
• Recruit and manage a team of editors, programmers and analysts
• Set up processes for content production and maximize efficiency
• Lead a dynamic team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors degree required
• Experience: 10 years experience, 5+ at a supervisory level building an online content business
• Experience managing large projects
• Experience starting and building blogs
• Experience building community participation through social tools
• Experience as a professional producer, editor or writer
• Extremely facile on the web
• Strong content creation and editing skills
• Good working knowledge of content management systems and Microsoft Word
• Excellent interpersonal verbal/written communication skills
• Team management skills
• Team player
ABOUT NYSE EURONEXT
NYSE Euronext is the world's leading and most liquid equities exchange group. NYSE Euronext powers the exchanging world and is comprised of equities and derivatives exchanges across the United States and Europe which trade cash equities, futures, options, fixed-income and exchange-traded products.
With more than 8,000 listed issues, NYSE Euronext is home to the world's leading companies providing access to the global liquidity they need to collaborate, compete and grow.
NYSE Euronext, Powering the Exchanging World.
Please email your resume to email@example.com. In the body of your email, please indicate which aspects of your professional experience make you most qualified for the job.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Address: None specified
100 Wall Street,
New York, NY 10005
Phone: None specified
Fax: None specified
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Running on a severely modified phpBB engine © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group