Jobs Database Engine
|Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:48 pm Post subject: Lead Editor (Europe)
|Contact Name: nysejobs
NYSE Euronext Global Web Organization
Lead Editor (Europe)
The NYSE Euronext Global Web Organization is seeking a Lead Editor (Europe) to edit NYSE Euronext’s new web sites for the European consumer audience.
This position is intended to report to the Director of Programming and will lead a team that creates, produces and strategizes content for NYSE Euronext’s European consumer sites.
The Lead Editor (Europe) will be charged with heading up a team that regularly produces engaging consumer content as well as interactive “storytelling devices” and experiences to bring online content to life. The individual will ensure the content style, tone and voice are consistent with the standards of the exchange and that all text, images, video and other digital material are proofread for quality assurance. The individual will adhere to established metrics and monitor user behavior to assess success, and help build a new NYSE Euronext online consumer audience and business. Where needed, the Lead Editor (Europe) will work with business development to increase content distribution.
The primary responsibility of the Lead Editor (Europe) will be on the digital efforts of Euronext.com and other European consumer initiatives. A counterpart Lead Editor (U.S.) will be based in New York. This position will also become part of a new and flexible web organization and have interaction across its other two key functions: NYSE Euronext’s unique digital programming, and the effective presentation of NYSE Euronext businesses online.
This role is intended to begin on a full-time temporary basis, with the intention to transition to a permanent role after six months.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee and execute content on NYSE Euronext’s new consumer-facing web sites for the European audience
• Create and develop interactive “storytelling devices” and experiences that help bring NYSE Euronext content to life
• Adhere to metrics of success online, monitor user behavior and measure against benchmarks
• Help recruit and manage editors to produce consumer content (text, art) and publish it
• Set up processes for content production and maximize efficiency
• Establish and maintain content standards for the exchange’s consumer web initiatives in Europe
• Work as part of a dynamic team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors degree required
• Experience: 6 years experience, 2+ at a supervisory level building an online consumer content business
• Fluency in English and French
• Professional experience as an editor or writer
• Experience developing and executing content, including editing, quality assurance and proofreading
• Experience working in a real-time news environment is desirable
• Extremely facile on the web
• Strong content creation and editing skills
• Excellent interpersonal verbal/written communication skills
• Good working knowledge of content management systems and Microsoft Word
• Team management skills
• Team player
• Fluency in English and French
ABOUT NYSE EURONEXT
NYSE Euronext is the world's leading and most liquid equities exchange group. NYSE Euronext powers the exchanging world and is comprised of equities and derivatives exchanges across the United States and Europe which trade cash equities, futures, options, fixed-income and exchange-traded products.
With more than 8,000 listed issues, NYSE Euronext is home to the world's leading companies providing access to the global liquidity they need to collaborate, compete and grow.
NYSE Euronext, Powering the Exchanging World.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of your email, please indicate which aspects of your professional experience make you most qualified for the job.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
Web Address: www.nyse.com
100 Wall Street,
New York, NY 10005
Phone: None specified
Fax: None specified
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Running on a severely modified phpBB engine © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group